My experience as a blogger has been incredible so far. I absolutely have been loving this journey and opportunities that have been already given to me! Last week I was notified that I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Stacey at Coffee & Thrift and Leslie at Modern Organizer. Thank you so much, Stacey & Leslie! Stacey has an awesome blog focused on living on a budget, what student doesn’t love budget-friendly inspiration?! Leslie’s blog is also fantastic! It is all about organization! Check them both out!
So, in accordance with the rules of the nomination:
From Coffee & Thrift:
- What is your favorite movie(s)? My answer to this is always changing…. currently The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Thor Ragnorok
- Are you a brunch kind of person? Not really…
- What is your favorite website to shop online Amazon, I know I’m boring! But it’s sooooo easy!
- What TV show are you currently obsessed with? Riverdale and The Crown
- Are you a dog or a cat person? (Don’t worry – I won’t tell your cat!) Tough call… my cat does play fetch so I will have to say cat person
- Do you prefer fall or spring? Fall all the way!
- What are you currently reading? Three books: Engineering your Future (Leone), Big Magic (Gilbert), and In a Dark, Dark Wood (Ware)
- Favorite color? Evergreen
- How do you plan out your day/week? Paper planner or digital? Paper Planner, all the way!
- What is your favorite meal to make? Apple-maple pork chops
- What is your favorite restaurant? Red Robin, can you say campfire sauce?!
From Modern Organizer:
- Why did you start your blog? To inspire other students and help them succeed in college
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Britsh Columbia or back home to the Olympic Penninsula (in Washington State) because they are both so beautiful, rainy, and outdoor friendly!
- What are your goals for 2018? Maintain a 4.0, go on over 20 hikes (or mountain bike rides), release two blog posts per week, launch my Etsy shop, and better my networking connections and skills for my career as an engineer
- Do you have any pets? Yep! two cats (but again, they are really dogs…)
- What are your 3 favorite TV shows? Sherlock, Dr. Who, and Game of Thrones
- Link your social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Don’t let the thoughts and opinions of others stop you from pursuing your dreams
- What is your dream vacation? Eurotrip by train!
- How do you stay motivated to build your blog and/or business? By using a vision board 🙂
- What are your favorite foods? Anything sweet!
- Is there a book that has inspired you? “Now What?” by Nicholas Lore. Not an incredibly inspirational book as opposed to a book on finding your true calling. Completely changed my life.
- Heather (@apenandaplan)
- Chris (@tidbitsncrumbs)
- Tori (@craftingonadime)
- Jordyn (@lotublog)
- Arielle (@a_whimlifestyle)
- Brooke (@ordinaryjoyblog)
- Katie (@swtpurpletulips)
- Maggie (@twistermags)
- Makenzie (@makenzie_kubin)
- Chelsie (@crafted4design)
- Jenn (@simplyoneden)
Questions to Answer:
- Favorite winter activity?
- Favorite book of all time?
- What is your biggest goal for the year?
- Do you have any pets?
- What are your hobbies?
- Favorite holiday?
- Best vacation you’ve had?
- Favorite quote?
- The best binge-worthy TV show?
- Favorite genre of music?
- How many languages do you speak?
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Again, a huge thank you to Stacey and Leslie for nominating me! I am so excited to put this short post together and be able to nominate eleven other wonderful bloggers for this award!